(Results from the 2009 Pew Survey)
What do you think of the word retirement? Do you use it to describe yourself? I feel this word has lost its original meaning.
- 83% of adults age 65+ describe themselves as retired.
- Only 76% fit the stereotype of full retirement.
- 8% say they are retired and work part-time.
- 2% say they are retired and work full-time.
- 3% are retired and looking for work.
- 11% age 65+ describe themselves as still in the labour force, although not all have jobs.
Have you retired the word retirement?