After returning from our Remembrance Day ceremony, I was wondering how to commemorate this day.
One of my goals in encouraging women to reinvent themselves through travel is to encourage cross-Border friendships and a greater understanding of other cultures. It is my belief, that if more of us travelled, we’d likely create a more peaceful world.
After participating in an online Global Oneness Day event earlier this year, I thought I’d share the Global Oneness Declaration with you.
For more information, visit:
Global Oneness Declaration
1. That the message We Are All One, interrelated, interconnected and interdependent, with God/Life/One-another, is the one spiritual message that the world has been waiting for to bring about loving and sustainable answers to humanity’s challenges.
2. That the world does not have to be the way it is – and that individual people can change it, using the power of spiritual citizenship.
3. That humanity is good and has unlimited potential, and that social transformation starts with personal transformation. I therefore recognize the importance of connecting with my Divine Essence and inner wisdom throughout my life’s journey; allowing the finest and the highest levels of human potential to flourish for the benefit of all.
4. That my aspirations support spiritual principles, global ethics and universal values such as respect, justice, peace, dignity, freedom, responsibility and cooperation that underlie this declaration.
5. That human beings need each other to survive on this planet. I recognize that we are all in this together and that community flourishes as we learn about each other and revel in the wonder and beauty of our diversities. I declare that I am playing my part to help to bring about a culture in which we, the peoples of the world, can address our common global concerns in a holistic, positive and transforming way and live together in peace with one another.
6. That Oneness contains All of life – also the parts that we regard as the
“other”. I realize that wholeness and togetherness can only be experienced through the recognition of the uniqueness, beauty and purpose of all aspects of life and that this recognition starts with my Self.
7. That I am part of the emerging consciousness that promotes a spirit of openness, enquiry, connection and relationship with myself and the entire universe and who continues to recognize the wonder, beauty and mystery of it all.
8. I support Global Oneness Day that has been established for all of humanity to come together each year as one human family, to discuss, celebrate and experience Oneness with the Divine, each other and all of life.
9. That the time for change is now.